Organic peroxide refers to the molecular composition of organic compounds containing peroxide, its own flammable and explosive, very easy to decompose, heat, vibration or friction is extremely sensitive.
The structure characteristics, active oxygen content, concentration and the relationship between diluent and risk were discussed, and the countermeasures were put forward for safe production, Organic Peroxides use and storage of organic peroxide. Organic peroxides have been used as initiators in plastics and rubber synthesis. In recent years, with the development and application of fine chemical products, but also used in FRP, man-made marble, high-grade furniture, food and other manufacturing. It is mainly used as catalyst, curing agent, deodorant, Organic Peroxides bleaching agent and antiseptic disinfectant, which is an important additive in industry and life.
The structural characteristics of peroxide groups in organic peroxides determine the following chemical properties:
(1) has a strong oxidation effect.
(2) has the natural decomposition nature, in 40 ℃ above, most peroxide active oxygen reduces.
(3) Acid and alkaline substances can promote decomposition. Organic Peroxides Strong acid and alkali metals, alkaline earth metal hydroxide (solid or high concentration aqueous solution) can cause violent decomposition.
(4) The organic peroxide and redox system compounds of Fe, CO and MN significantly promote the decomposition.
(5) strong reduction of amine compounds and other reducing agents significantly promote decomposition.
(6) Iron, Organic Peroxides lead and copper alloy can promote its decomposition.
(7) Rubber can promote its decomposition.
(8) Friction, vibration or impact storage container caused by local temperature rise, can promote decomposition.