Organic peroxides are used in synthetic resins, synthetic rubber, resin modifier, organic synthetic oxidant, as initiator, curing agent, crosslinking agent, using its catalysis, solidification, deodorization, bleaching, Organic Peroxides anti-corrosion disinfection, widely used in FRP, man-made marble, high-grade furniture, food and other industries.
Organic peroxide is a derivative of one or two hydrogen atoms substituted by organic groups in hydrogen peroxide, and its general formula is r-o-o-r. Since the first synthesis of benzoyl peroxide in 1858, Organic Peroxides Brudie has undergone more than 100 years of history. At present, there are more than 70 kinds of organic peroxide which have been industrialized abroad.
Organic peroxide refers to the molecular composition of organic compounds containing peroxide, its own flammable and explosive, very easy to decompose, heat, Organic Peroxides vibration and friction is extremely sensitive.
Chemical properties of organic peroxides
The structural characteristics of peroxide groups in organic peroxides determine the following chemical properties:
(1) has a strong oxidation effect.
(2) has the natural decomposition nature, in 40 ℃ above, most peroxide active oxygen reduces.
(3) Acid and alkaline substances can promote decomposition. Organic Peroxides Strong acid and alkali metals, alkaline earth metal hydroxide (solid or high concentration aqueous solution) can cause violent decomposition.
(4) The organic peroxide and redox system compounds of Fe, Organic Peroxides CO and MN significantly promote the decomposition.
(5) strong reduction of amine compounds and other reducing agents significantly promote decomposition.
(6) Iron, lead and copper alloy can promote its decomposition.
(7) Rubber can promote its decomposition.
(8) Friction, vibration or impact storage container caused by local temperature rise, Organic Peroxides can promote decomposition.